So you were diagnosed with High Blood pressure?
So was I, and so has a large population of the world. You’re not alone in this.
I’m glad you’re here looking for solutions to make it better. That’s why I started really looking into ways to lower my blood pressure as fast as possible, just like your doing now.
I called the site “Lower OUR Blood Pressure” because my BP is lower but I’m not out of the woods yet. I still need to watch myself, I want to make sure I’m here a long time for my family, and for myself.
Below is all the data I have been able to gather, I hope you find it useful.
High Blood Pressure
What Is High Blood Pressure?
- Blood pressure itself is the blood pushing against blood vessel walls in our arteries. Our hearts pump the blood through our blood vessels. This carries the blood throughout the body.
- High Blood Pressure is determined when your BP is consistently over the average 120/80.
- High blood pressure is dangerous because it makes our hearts work harder. As our hearts pump blood throughout the body it begins to contribute to;
- hardening of the arteries
- kidney disease
- and heart failure.
What causes high blood pressure
From the different articles and sites I’ve looked at, an exact cause of high blood pressure has not been determined yet. But there are several things that have been identified as potentially playing a role in contributing to it, such as:
- overweight or obese
- Not exercising
- Eating too much salt
- Alcohol consumption like more than 1 to 2 drinks per day
- Stress (all types of stress continuous)
- Age-related (usually an older age)
- Family genetics (family history of high blood pressure)
- Chronic kidney disease
- Adrenal and thyroid disorders
- Sleep apnea
High blood pressure is also referred to as hypertension, it’s dictionary meaning is, “…abnormally high blood pressure. A state of great psychological stress…”. The terms “High blood pressure” and “Hypertension” are interchangeable as they are the same thing.
High Blood Pressure Symptoms
Sadly Hypertension does not produce symptoms that are identifiable allowing a person to know, they have it. The amount of time you have had it is irrelevant, that’s why it’s known as the “silent killer”. Here are some factors to consider;
- About 1 out of every 5 people with high blood pressure aren’t aware that they have it.
- If not properly treated, high blood pressure can damage the heart and circulation, lungs, brain, and kidneys without causing noticeable symptoms.
- Symptoms of high blood pressure may be present in those who have an extremely high blood pressure.
- The body is a wonderful machine, it will adapt to the high blood pressure which causes sufferers to not realize they have it.
- Symptoms of extremely high blood pressure include the following:
- Severe headaches
- Vision problems
- Chest pain
- Difficulty breathing
- Irregular heartbeat
- Blood in the urine
- Pounding in the chest, neck, or ears
Normal Blood Pressure
A blood pressure reading is written like this: 120/80. It’s read as “120 over 80.” The top number is called the systolic, and the bottom number is called the diastolic. The ranges are:
- Normal: Less than 120 over 80 (120/80)
- Elevated: 120-129/less than 80
- Stage 1 high blood pressure: 130-139/80-89
- Stage 2 high blood pressure: 140 and above/90 and above
- Hypertension crisis: higher than 180/higher than 120 — See a doctor right away
Blood Pressure Monitors/Blood Pressure Checker
I have used the CVS Brand machine and the Omron 10 Series machine. I prefer the Omron because:
- It’s more accurate to what my Doctor readings are
- It’s easy to use
- Has 2 Person option where you flip a switch to change person 1 to person 2
- Tracks 200 reading for one user or 100 each for 2 users (that’s about 7 months of readings for 1 person, or 3.5 months each for 2 people)
- Has an option so that it takes 3 readings, 1minute apart, to average and give your results (I like this because it gives me a chance to relax)
- The Cuff is already shaped to go around your arm making it easy to use
- Has AC adapter or you can use 4 AA batteries.
- #1 Doctor and Pharmacist Recommended Brand
- Two user Mode allows 2 users to track 30 readings each separately in stored memory with date and time stamp
- Advanced “Averaging” feature automatically displays the average of up to the last 3 readings taken within the last 10 minutes
- Hypertension Indicator icon alerts you if your reading exceeds internationally recognized guidelines for normal home blood pressure levels
- Detects irregular heartbeat and alerts you with a special indicator icon so you can consult with your physician
- #1 doctor and pharmacist recommended brand and #1 selling Manufacturer of Blood Pressure Monitors for 40 years
- Feel empowered by accuracy with exclusive TruRead™ technology that automatically takes three consecutive readings one minute apart and calculates the average
- Comfortable and simple to adjust, the pre-formed ComFit™ Cuff inflates around the entire arm to avoid incorrect cuff positioning ensuring a precise reading and expandable cuff fits standard and large arms
- The easy-to-read screen features a backlight, extra large digits and multi-colored indicator lights that show how your reading compares to normal home blood pressure levels
- Track your health with increased memory storage allowing you to monitor and store the last 200 readings for more than one person
- Low Return Rate: 15% fewer returns than similar products
- Highly Rated: More than 80% 4 star and 5-star reviews
- Popular Item: Popular with customers shopping for “Omron 10 series blood pressure monitor”
- Multi-color indicator lights show if your readings are in the normal (green) or hypertension (orange) range.
- BP level bar displays how your reading compares to normal home blood pressure levels.
- Easy-Wrap ComFit Cuff inflates around the entire arm to avoid incorrect cuff positioning.
- Automatically takes 3 consecutive readings one minute apart and displays the average, following guidelines set by the American Heart Association.
- Easy-to-read display with extra-large digits and backlight make results easier to read.
- Stores 200 readings in device or 100 each for 2 users.
- Operates with AC Adapter (included) or 4 AA Batteries (not included).
- Omron blood pressure monitors are the #1 recommended brand by doctors and pharmacists for clinically-accurate home blood pressure monitoring, and the #1 selling manufacturer of blood pressure monitors for over 40 years
- Stores and reviews up to 100 readings and automatically displays the average of up to the last 3 readings taken within the last 10 minutes
- Free Omron app offers unlimited systolic, diastolic and pulse readings on the go, monitors your trends and allows you to share results with family or a healthcare provider
- Heart Zone Guidance helps ensure consistently accurate readings by activating the monitor when your wrist is at heart level and the ultra-silent inflation allows measurements to be taken quietly anywhere
- Package includes: One wrist blood pressure monitor, storage case, quick start guide, instruction manual, and 2 AAA batteries. Omron’s free app, available at App store or Google Play.
I listed the Omron 10 that I use and I also listed other Omron options. Since Omron is the highest recommended Blood Pressure Reader by Doctors and Pharmacists any will work well for you. I have not tried all of these items but they were the best items reviewed and found at the time of this writing.
Bookmark this page so you can always remember what product you ordered and you have a reference for Lowering your BP Information.